Long Days, Short Years

I recently read the following quote:

The days are long, but the years are short.

How true they are! Some days at home can feel so long. Silas has never been a very good nap taker (I can only hope for a better sleeper the second time around!), so some days when he fights me to nap he can be rather difficult. I call him Sir Fuss-A-Lot, and fuss a lot he does! I find myself looking at the clock a lot those days thinking about how many more hours until Brett comes home.

Even though some days feel REALLY long, I'm always amazed by the end of the week thinking, "It's Friday already? Yesterday was just Monday!" Time is going by quickly. I look at Silas and can not believe that in a few days he will be seventeen months old! And in about two months he won't be my little baby anymore because I'll have a new baby and he'll be the big brother.

I have really been trying to focus on spending my time with Silas in a more positive light. Yes, some days will continue to feel long and he will continue to act challenging. But this season will only last for such a short time and I don't want to look back and realized that I wasted it away.

His shirt says Little Mess Maker which describes him to a T!

In my journal most days, I have been trying to write down at least three memories from the day, sort of like a gratitude journal only all about my time with Silas. It makes me realize just how much I do enjoy staying home with him each day and how blessed that I am able to do that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP