Taking the Plunge Paleo Style

So tomorrow I'm taking a big plunge... I'm embarking on a Paleo Diet challenge. That's right folks no diary, no bread, no pasta, no wheat or grain foods, no processed foods, and no refined sugar. I'll basically only be eating vegetables, fruit, and lean meats.
 
Why am I doing this? Well I have been suffering from some digestive issues and other ailments for the past few years. It's amazing how pregnancy can completely alter your body! I've been researching some of my symptoms and have talked with my doctor, and I'm left to believe that I have some food in tolerances. Diary and glutten tend to be the major culprits of food allergies and in tolerances, so rather than just eliminating one at a time, I'm just going to go for it and bite the bullet and eliminate both, as well as all processed foods and refined sugars.
 
Things I'm going to miss:
  • Butter- sweet, creamy, savory butter
  • Yogurt
  • Cheese
  • Popcorn- my favorite snack
  • M&Ms
  • Oatmeal


 
Things I'm looking forward to:
  • feeling healthy
  • relief from digestive issues
  • weight loss as I continue to work towards losing baby weight
  • more energy (whatever comes after caring for 2 little ones!)
 So today at the store I loaded up on lots of fresh fruit and veggies

 
And what does one do on the day before completely eliminating all diary, wheat, grain, and sugar? Splurge on all those treats of course, and then remind myself of why I'm eliminating them from my diet.
 
This was a Kindle freebie last year and has been a good resource as I embark on this challenge
Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started
 
So I'm going to challenge myself for the next 30 days, beginning tomorrow February 1, to eat a Paleo diet. After that we'll see how I feel and if I even miss those "comfort" foods. Wish my luck!

Justin L. Guffey  – (January 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP