The Power of the Grandma Hour

A few days a week I have the opportunity to benefit from having my mom or mother-in-law come over and spend time with Silas. I am pretty lucky that I live very close to both of these women. In the days and weeks following Silas' birth, my mom practically moved in to help me out.



Cooking, cleaning or actually having an adult to talk to have made this time really easy for me. Probably the best thing about having Grandma's come over is that it gives me the opportunity to take a nice, long shower without feeling the need to rush through. I had taken for granted how nice it is to take a shower at your own leisure before Silas was born.




Sometimes, though, it can be a challenge to live so close to both Grandma's. They want to spend a lot of time with Silas, which is a good thing. However I have had to be very diligent about when they come over and for how long. Some days I don't want to share my time with Silas.






Is that selfish? I don't think so.






I only get a little time with Silas before this stage is over, so I am told. I know with the next child, if we are so blessed, I won't have quite the same leisure to spend the morning cuddling after nursing, I'll have a toddler running around the house!






So I am cherishing our time time together, as well as embracing the benefit of having eager grandparents so close to allow me a little break each week.










Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP